Member Rights and Responsibilities
American Specialty Health Management’s (ASHM) EmpoweredDecisions! (EmD!) program recognizes the specific needs of its members. Its programs are designed to support a mutually respectful relationship with its members. State mandates, regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, or specific health plan delegation agreements may require modification to the Member Rights and Responsibilities Policy for compliance. Where this occurs, the Member Rights and Responsibilities Policy will be modified and approved as applicable.Back To Top
Member Rights and Responsibilities
Members are informed of their rights and responsibilities when they register on empowered-decision.com and receive the Welcome and Participation Agreement. Members may contact ASHM by mail, phone, or email if they have questions concerning their rights and responsibilities.
The National Institutes of Health’s principles of plain language are applied to produce member materials that can be read, understood, and acted upon. ASHM lowers the reading level as much as possible while clearly communicating the message. The electronic Fry-based formula is used to measure readability. The goal is to create member materials at a 5th or 6th grade reading level using this readability formula, provided the information can be safely and accurately communicated at that reading level.
Member rights and responsibilities are reviewed and updated, as necessary, on an annual basis along with this policy.
Statement of Member Rights and Responsibilities
When you take part in the EmD! program, there are some things we will provide to you (your rights) and some things you need to do (your responsibilities).
YOUR RIGHTS (Things we will provide to you)
- News about the EmpoweredDecisions! program you can use.
- The nature of your relationship in the EmpoweredDecisions! program, including how you will interact with the program.
- Program materials that are correct and easy to read, learn, and use.
- EmpoweredDecisions! program general health and wellness information supported by scientific studies.
- Notification about EmpoweredDecisions! program changes or termination of the program.
Respect and Non-Discrimination
- Respectful, fair, and kind service from staff.
Health Improvement Choice
- We encourage you to talk to your doctor about the program.
- You have the right to make choices about your health improvement plan.
- You may choose someone to act on your behalf when communicating with us and tell us your choice in writing.
Personal Health Information
- We will keep your personal health information private.
- We will inform you of how we use your personal health information.
Access to Services
- Start and end the program when you want.
- Know the name of the staff person you are speaking with, his/her position and training.
Inquiries, Questions and Requests
- Contact EmpoweredDecisions! at either the appropriate client specific number or the general EmpoweredDecisions! telephone number at 1-888-990-2746 or by mail at PO Box 509040, San Diego, CA 92150-9040, Monday through Friday from 5:00 am to 6:00 pm Pacific Time to:
- Ask a question.
- Speak to a supervisor if you would like.
- Make a complaint.
- File an appeal or grievance.
- Tell us what changes you would like to see in this policy.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES (Things you have to do)
- You need to:
- Call 911 if you are having a medical or mental health (psychiatric) emergency or contact your primary doctor.
- Give us true health and contact information before starting the program and when you are in the program.
- Help set healthy goals that you can reach.
- Follow through with your personal action plans.
- Actively work to meet your healthy goals.
- Tell us about any changes in your health.
- Tell us if anything our staff tells you when you are in the program is not the same as what your doctor told you.
- Tell your doctor or other health care provider regularly about the things you are doing in the program and ask if it is safe for you to continue in the program.
- Be respectful and considerate of others. Treat you coaching team with courtesy and consideration.